Martin Beaupré is a painter who has been practicing his art for over 30 years. Throughout his explorations, he evolved towards a very refined style, in balance with inner and outer forces. Drawing its inspiration from oriental culture, it expresses both modernity and ancestral spirituality. In his paintings, we find large, evocative spaces where tones of white predominate and find a balance with the brighter colors, meticulously and patiently applied. There we find immense mountains which give the impression of floating in the firmament, with meditative monks, enlightened by the immensity which encompasses them.
Martin is an intuitive painter who explores his interiority in a sensitive and tactile way. Often starting from calligraphy inspired by Japanese Zenga, he begins his paintings with energy and inspiration to the beating rhythm of taiko drums, then finishes them with great finesse. We can say that his art is a symbiosis between energy and aesthetics.
“My master is this creative energy that I let express itself without restraint, in total letting go and this path that I have taken leads me to pure happiness every day.” Martin Beaupre
Course, summer 2009 edition, p. 106-107; Magazin'Art, fall 2009 edition, p. 113-115; Magazin'Art, Biennial directory of Canadian artists in galleries, 2009-2010; Maisons Prestige, review, 2008; News, daily, Saint-Barthélemy, French Antilles, 2008.
- 2009 Galerie Porte A 34, Saint-Barthélemy, French Antilles
- 2007 Trompe-L’oeil Gallery, Quebec, QC
- 2004 Galerie Trompe-L’oeil, Quebec, QC
- Permanent exhibitions (2013)
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, Quebec, Canada
- Beauchamp Art Gallery in Baie St-Paul, Baie-Saint-Paul (Quebec), Canada
- Beauchamp Art Gallery, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Dominguez Art Gallery, Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada
- Legends Fine Art Gallery La Jolla, La Jolla (California), USA
- Lu Martin Galleries, Laguna Beach (California), USA
- The Night of the Quebec Galleries (2010 to 2013)
- Baie St-Paul Autumn Harmony (2010 to 2012)