Danaé Couture was born in China and currently resides in the Centre-du-Québec region. An accountant and tax specialist by training, she has always given an important place to art in her life. Since a very young age, she has drawn and painted in her free time. This thirst for creation is still very present and is reflected in his abstract style paintings. A self-taught artist, when she paints, there are no rules or predefined plans. Working in tax and painting brings him balance, a “scale” in his life – a little accountant joke!
The nature around her has always brought her serenity, calm and gentleness. For her, painting abstract art allows her to escape and take pleasure in transposing these colors, in her own way. Using spatulas, thick layers of oil paint are applied to the canvas, bringing a sculptural effect to the work.
She has participated in several group and individual exhibitions in America and Europe.
- Affordable Art Fair New York spring (New York city): March 2022
- Seattle Art Fair: July 2022
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea (London): October 2022
- Affordable Art Fair New York spring (New York city): March 2023
- Seattle Art Fair: July 2023
- Affordable Art Fair New York fall (New York city): September 2023