Technique: Oil on Mylar paper
Born in rural Ontario, Sarah Hillock now lives in Toronto. A graduate of the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto, the artist seduces and attracts attention throughout Canada.
During her artistic training, she moved more towards drawing and painting. The end of his studies is marked by obtaining a prize which highlights the high technical quality of his pictorial and graphic creations; she is the recipient of the Stienbeck Altwerger Award Libby. After her studies, the young artist was admitted to a residency for a period of 3 months at the Pouch Cove Foundation in Newfoundland.
Sarah grew up surrounded by animals on a farm in rural Ontario. It is from this cohabitation that his interest in drawing and painting these charming beasts in a style that is both realistic and impressionist comes from. Sarah Hillock works with blacks, grays and bright colors which she spreads with highly controlled brushstrokes to quickly give the structure of the painting and the shape of the animal, thus forcing the viewer to use their imagination to complete the work .
His work has been seen across Canada, notably at the Rooms Provincial Art Gallery in Newfoundland, whose permanent collection includes one of Hillock's works.
- Joan Sullivan, Leyton Big on Small Art, The Telegram, St-John's, NL, Nov. 6th 2009
- Sarah Smellie, Cycling across Europe Painting Cows, The Scope, St. John's NL May 7th 2009
- Angela Antle, Sarah Hillock, CBC Radio One, Newfoundland and Labrador, WAM May 3rd 2009
- Joan Sullivan, Guest Room, The Telegram, St-John's, NL, April 6th 2009
- Karla Haywood bovine inspiration, The Telegram, St-John's, NL, April 28th 2006
- City of St. John Collection
- Permanent collection of the Rooms Provincial Art Gallery