Painting, bronze, cement and steel sculpture, Indian ink, charcoal, scratchboard, etc. Several mediums interest him and the artist is always looking for a new challenge. Based in Estrie in Quebec, Andrée Marcoux has been a professional artist for several years now. A graduate of Laval University in Quebec in visual arts, she is always looking to develop her work and her passion.
His inspiration is generally animals: “ The welfare of animals is extremely important to me. I want to raise awareness among the public through a pose, a look, to make them love them in order to better respect them. It's my way of paying tribute to these sensitive, essential beings who have so much to teach us. »
Andrée Marcoux first painted landscapes and then devoted herself to animal painting, which became her specialty over time. She does not seek perfection of the subject through detail, but more emotion. As much as her painting can be realistic and worked on for weeks, she likes to let herself go in the movement on medium or large formats. His art balances between classical and fanciful painting.
Individual or duo exhibitions
- 2022 Coming soon, Black and white exhibition, Yvonne L. Bombardier Cultural Center 50 years of existence. May to September.
- 2016 and 1992 Amalgame, Yvonne L. Bombardier Cultural Center, in duo, under my invitation, presentation of Yves de Montigny (sculptor), emerging artist. Location: Valcourt, Qc. Duration. 3 months. 1992- Solo
- 2018 Art Market San Francisco, Fort Masson Center, SF
- 2018 Affortable Art Fair Hong Kong, HK
- 2018Art Market South Hamptons, New York, USA
- 2019 Art San Diego, Contemporary Art Show, California, USA
- Scvlptvre, Salon de la sculpture du Québec, Sainte-Hyacinthe, Qc.
- 2001 to 2019 Danville Arts Symposium, 19th Edition, guest artist, Qc.
- 2018-2019 Grand Salon des Arts de Sherbrooke, Qc.
- 2016 to 2018 L’Accueil Des Grands Peintres, Chesterville, Qc.
- 2014 and 2015-2019 Scvlptvre, First edition and second edition Palais des Congrès de Montréal, Qc.
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 Bronze Prize, Camelback gallery-Black and white international contest Art Exhibition | Black and White IX | Camelback Gallery Andree Marcoux - Bronze Award | Black and White IX Exhibition (camelbackgallery.com)
- 2021 Platinum award, best in show-Camelback gallery international contest Shades of blue https://art.base.co/event/10828-shades-of-blue-2021
- 2021 Silver award, Camelback gallery- Black and white contest- USA
- 2021 Bronze-sculpture Prize: Promise of return-https://www.camelbackgallery.com/artistchoice7exhibition
- 2018 Selected in the online competition of The Society of Canadian Artists SAC
- 2014 Received member of the Institute of Figurative Arts, (IAF), Qc.
- 2014 Finalist, Art Renewal Center, International 2013/2014 ARC Salon, USA.
- 2014 Public Favorite Award at the Danville Arts Symposium, Qc.
- 2007 Honorary President, eleventh edition of the Danville Arts Symposium, Qc