Angela Morgan lives and works in Fernie, British Columbia.
An academic career having led her to attend different schools such as the University of Regina in Saskatchewan, Concordia University in Montreal and Bismarck State College in North Dakota, it was with distinction that she completed, in 2000, a Bachelor of Visual Arts from the University of Calgary.
Her paintings, as she puts it, ''celebrate humanity through a unique exploitation of color, pattern and line... My characters are painted in different situations. Sometimes they express their joy in dancing, sometimes they seem to appreciate parental life or even feel the melancholy of the summer which is ending.
Faced with this overflowing imagination, the spectator feels like a witness to real scenes, living moments. The touches of color that Angela Morgan uses come together to create a movement that accentuates this sensation of an event occurring at the same time as we watch it.
Since 2001, his works have been shown in several galleries in Canada, Switzerland and the United States.
Solo and group exhibitions
- 2007 - Verve Gallery, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 2007 - Halde Galerie, Wilden, Switzerland
- 2007 - Gallery 421, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- 2006 - Celebrating spring, solo exhibition, Willow Gallery of Fine Arts, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2004 - Canvas to go, group exhibition, Venezualan Consulate Art Gallery, New York, USA
- Glenbow Museum, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Alberta Arts Foundation, Canada
- Bismarck State College, North Dakota, United States