Born in Sicily in 1953, José Salvaggio currently resides in Haute-Marne, France.
An accomplished landscape painter, José Salvaggio first attended the School of Paris where he studied with the painter Paul Andebourhr, then the School of Émilie Simon (also in France) where he studied with Claude Marin. Salvaggio, who paints on the motif, knows how to orchestrate luminosity, judicious choice of tones and delicate touches, so that a great sensitivity emerges from his painting.
- Magazin'Art, Biennial directory of Canadian artists in galleries, 2004-2005 and previous years
- Journal of Haute-Marne, 05-11-2001
- Lacroix Journal, Haute-Marne, 10-2001
- The value of art, magazine, France, 07-1993
- Société Générale de Financement
- several private and public collections in Canada, the United States, Europe and Japan
- He has won various prizes including 1st prize awarded by the Friends of the Arts of St-Didier, France