Dominique Bakk was born in 1953 in Lille, France. He now lives in Sartrouville, in Yvelines.
At a very young age, he was introduced to painting and drawing by artists of the previous generation. It was during his visits to different museums that his greatest artistic revelations took place. The works of Claude Monet are a fine example...
Dominique Bakk is a self-taught landscape painter. In his work, the French panorama is reflected in a very personal and colorful way. About the artist, a critic wrote: “ He cannot paint without imagining the sounds of nature which come to him like a kind of inner music ”
- Magazin'Art , spring 2005 edition, article pg.108
- Magazin'Art , Biennial directory of Canadian artists in galleries, 2002-2003 and previous years
- The Awakening of Lisieux, article, 1994/1996
- The Pays de l'Auge, article, 1995/1996
- Ouest-France, article, 1994/1996
- Town of Carrière-sur-Seine, France
- Lieury and Nouvion in Thierache, France
- EDF Electricity of France
Awards and Recognition
- Guest of honor at the artists' salons of Pont-l'Évêque (1992) and Vieux Châtre in Arpajon (1998)
- Grand Prix in painting, United States Embassy, Paris (1990)
- Grand prize from the General Council of Hauts-de-Seine (1991)