Jean Dotaro was born in 1934 in Lyon, France.
Dotaro is a painter of landscapes and marine scenes. He followed several workshops offered by the city of Paris, notably those of the watercolorist Marcel Gendre. Member of the Salon des Artistes Français, he participates in the main national salons. Although he draws and paints on the motif, Dotaro also photographs the locations in preparation for painting them in his studio. Before starting a painting, he immerses himself in the landscape, composes it mentally and, finally, makes numerous sketches.
- Dictionary of French Painters of the Sea and the Navy, Jean-Noël Marchand
- Sauzon-The gaze of painters, Belboech
- Gold medal from the city of Bernay
- Prizes for French landscapers
- Bronze medal from the city of Paris
- Prize from the Rotary Club Antony, Chatenay, Chaville
- Silver medal from the general council of Essonne
- Lion's Club Award